Do you have a passion for protecting others? Do you have laser focus and incredible intuition for detecting potential problems? Are you uniquely skilled at defusing tense situations? Then we’ve got your next assignment! We’re looking for dedicated, diligent and driven individuals to provide exceptional security services throughout our many theme parks.What you get to do:
As an Investigator, you will protect our parks and provide a safe and secure environment for our guests and team members. You may also support the investigation area by troubleshooting and maintaining security CCTV and alarm systems. You will:
What it takes to succeed:
- Ensures excellent customer service by responding to customer requirements, expectations, and needs.
- Detect vandalism, thievery, shoplifting, or dishonesty among team members or guests.
- Conducts investigations as assigned or on own initiative.
- Maintains vigilance throughout park while performing security enforcing duties.
- Files complaints against suspects and testifies in court as witness.
- Writes and completes daily reports and turns them into management.
- Works directly with local and law enforcement agencies on various cases as needed.
- Conducts on-site video surveillance as directed by management.
- Conducts shopping services for all departments.
- Assists in other areas as needed (i.e., special event security).
- Maintains cleanliness of all assigned work areas.
- Maintains a safe work environment and adheres to safety requirements; safe utilization of tools.
- May respond to security system trouble calls for video recorders, DVDs, DVRs, Mpeg players, alarm systems, etc. as required and without assistance. May be responsible for installation and maintenance of CCTV and alarm equipment and other projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
What else is important:
- Able to positively interact with guests and co-workers of all ages, different ethnic/cultural backgrounds and/or language, and individuals with special needs.
- At least 21 years of age.
- Have and maintain a valid California driver's license; visiting students and military must have valid driver's license from state of residency and able to provide a copy of the DMV report and must be able to complete the company Vehicle Driver Training class and obtain a SWC driver’s license.
- Ability to become certified in the following areas: C.P.R., First-Aid, AED, PC 832 Certification, and Guard Card.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent guest service skills.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Ability to present information and/or give testimony to managers, clients, customers, the general public, and in legal proceedings..
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced work environment.
- Stand and/or walk for prolonged periods of time.
The perks of the position:
- One year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Have, or able to obtain in a six month period from time or employment, interview and interrogation certification such as those, but not limited to, those offered through Wicklander-Zulawski or Reid groups.
- For CCTV and alarm systems, Associate's degree, vocational training, or technical trade school preferred or combination of education and experience.
As part of the SeaWorld family, you’ll enjoy a fun, fast-paced environment and great teammates, as well as:
Join the team!
- FREE park admission
- Discounted park admission tickets and passes for family and friends
- Park discounts on food, merchandise, etc.
If you’re looking for the opportunity to make the most of your abilities in a one-of-a-kind setting with an entertainment industry leader, we’re looking for you!