At SeaWorld, we’re passionate about caring for animals. In fact, we’ve already rescued over 37,000 animals (and counting!). And we can save you from being stuck in just another job. Join us and help bring joy, excitement, and lasting memories to people from around the world. We’re seeking enthusiastic, dedicated and hard-working individuals in a wide variety of roles. Join us and play an important part on our incredible team!What you get to do:
As an Instructor with SeaWorld, you will get to:
Enthusiastically represent SeaWorld by displaying a positive attitude, high energy level, and commitment to quality throughout all aspects of the job. Help educate park guests, school groups, camp participants and private groups about animal conservation. Maintain and enforces the safety of guests and animal exhibits throughout the park. You will also:
What it takes to succeed:
- Conduct informative and fact-based animal presentations and interact with guests of all ages
- Conduct guided tours for public guests and private groups
- Teach Education Programs, including Field Trips, Camps, and Sleepovers
- Monitor guest and animal safety
- Initiate interactions and proactively provide animal and park information at SeaWorld and Discovery Point.
- Sell trays of fish to guests and daily maintenance of Sea Lion Feeder Booth
- Perform other duties as assigned
As part of the SeaWorld family, you’ll enjoy a fun, fast-paced environment and great teammates, as well as:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- High School diploma or equivalent required; Education, Recreation, Early Childhood Development, Biology, Zoology and/or related college coursework preferred.
- Must be able to demonstrate strong verbal communication skills and enthusiastically share a passion for the environment with our guests
- Must be able to engage, motivate and interact with children and adults
- Must be proficient in talking on a microphone to large crowds of guests
- Must be able to successfully complete all legal, company, and department training requirements to include, but not limited to, passing required tests and certifications within established timelines
- Must be comfortable being evaluated and accepting feedback
- Must be able to respond quickly to safety issues and practice safe working habits
- Must be available to work varying shifts/hours based on business need, to include opening, mid- and closing shifts; nights, weekends and holidays
- Must be able to maintain composure and objectivity in all situations when interacting with internal and external guests
- Must be able to follow all park and departmental policies and procedures
- Must be able to stand and walk for an entire shift
- Must be able to lift, push and pull 25 pounds
- Must be comfortable working around animals
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions
- Must be able to work indoors/outdoors with or without A/C for entire shift
- Must be willing to comply with all SEA grooming guidelines and employment standards.
- 3 months of coaching, teaching, or camp counselor experience preferred
- Prior experience working with children preferred
- Multilingual a plus
- Cash handling experience preferred
- Possession of a valid state driver’s license preferred
Join the team
- FREE park admission
- Discounted park admission tickets and passes for family and friends
- Park discounts on food, merchandise, etc.
If you’re looking for the opportunity to make the most of your abilities in a one-of-a-kind setting with an entertainment industry leader, we’re looking for you!