SeaWorld San Antonio is a place of thrills, fun and positive, lasting memories. And that’s just what it’s like to work here! As a key member of our team, you’ll play a major role in bringing happiness and excitement to people from around the world. If you’re dedicated, dependable and driven to deliver exceptional guest service, this is place for you!What it takes to succeed
Keep up with Calsense/Railbird controlled irrigation system, troubleshoot and perform irrigation repairs, and to oversee stock management on all irrigation and landscape parts and supplies. Perform preventative maintenance and repairs on landscape small engine equipment, field equipment, and mowers for SeaWorld San Antonio Horticulture department.
What you get to do:
- Be at least 18 years old
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to obtain a SEA driver’s license
- Prior irrigation experience preferred
- Possess strong problem-solving skills and produce efficient and accurate diagnosis thru strong technical skills and mechanical aptitude
- Experience operating heavy equipment such as loaders, backhoes, and forklifts preferred
- Experience and/or training in the repair and maintenance of small engines, power equipment or machinery preferred
- Have a strong understanding and working knowledge of landscape and light to medium construction and mowing equipment
- Have excellent verbal and written skills in the English language
- Have basic math skills
- Must be able to stand, walk and work for long periods of time in extreme weather conditions
- Be able to lift, push and pull a minimum of 75 pounds
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule that includes weekdays, weekends, evenings, and holidays. Standard schedule is Mon-Fri, 6:00am-2:30pm or 7:00am-3:30pm depending on season.
- Consistently practices safe work habits including, but not limited to the use of personal protective equipment, lifting and reporting of unsafe situations
- Be willing to comply with and ensure team members comply with all SEA grooming guidelines and employment standards.
- Be able to successfully complete all legal, company and department training requirements to include but not limited to passing required tests and certifications within established timelines
The perks of the position:
- Oversee property-wide irrigation system to include over 40 controllers, 350 zones, 5000 pop-ups/rotors
- Maintain irrigation equipment (i.e. cleaning spray heads, filters, and drip irrigation)
- Diagnose and repair irrigation breaks
- Program system for seasonal weather patterns, water restrictions, etc.
- Perform preventative maintenance and repairs on all landscaping equipment (power tools, mowers, heavy machinery) as well as other departments as needed
- Obtain parts lists and quotes from vendors
- Maintain organization of assigned area including but not limited to stock levels and cleanliness
- Assist Horticulture department when required
- Consistently practices safe work habits including but not limited to use of personal protective equipment, lifting, driving, and reporting of unsafe situations.
- Provides excellent guest service to guests and team members
- Other tasks as needed
As part of the SeaWorld family, you’ll enjoy a fun, fast-paced environment and great teammates, as well as:
Join the team
- Paid Floating Holidays
- Accrual based Paid Time Off
- SEA Employee Complimentary Park Tickets and Passes
- SEA Park Discounts on Food and Merchandise
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K plan
- Voluntary Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Benefits
- Dependent and Health Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Assistance Plan
If you’re looking for the opportunity to make the most of your abilities in a one-of-a-kind setting with an entertainment industry leader, we’re looking for you!