Basic Job Functions
• Performs routine maintenance and emergency repair on various pumps, motors, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment.
• Enthusiastically represents SeaWorld by displaying a positive attitude, high level of energy and commitment to quality throughout all aspects of the job.
• Maintains, services and repairs all associated pumps, compressors and building machinery.
• Ensure the continuous operation of all saltwater, freshwater and water treatment systems.
• Uses chemicals and disposes of hazardous waste in accordance with supervisor's directives.
• Ensure general cleanliness of all facilities throughout the park.
• May be involved in general maintenance of the operation of the park.
• Maintains and ensures that all chemical drums and chemical storage areas are clean at all times.
• Utilizes safe handling, storage and disposal practices for toxic substances and hazardous waste in accordance with SeaWorld and department operating procedures.
• Ensures all life support systems operate within all environmental and applicable regulations and permit conditions.
• Performs various troubleshooting techniques related to system problems and/or malfunction.
• Inspects all departmental areas in need of maintenance, repairs and any safety hazards.
• Maintains and tracks daily activity logs as it pertains to the equipment you are responsible for.
• Assigns day-to-day work for scheduled maintenance and is responsible for the timely and accurate input of all scheduled maintenance into the SAP database.
• Works in vaults and other confined spaces utilizing proper safety techniques and equipment in accordance with applicable regulations and departmental safety policies and procedures.
• Ensures the timely completion of preventive maintenance programs.
• Occasionally assist other locations and areas in the park as needed.
• Must have two years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must have an Associate’s degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school preferred.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license; out of state residents, active military, their dependents and students, must have a valid driver’s license and provide a copy of the DMV report from their state of residency.
• Must be able to meet all the requirements to drive SeaWorld vehicles.
• Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
• Must be proficient in basic mathematical applications.
• Must have strong written and verbal communication skills, and be able to read and interpret documents such as safety guidelines, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time. Occasionally required to sit, climb balance and smell.
• Must be able to use hands to finger, handle, feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear.
• Aquatic Facility Operator Certification preferred.
• Resume required.
• Must have 5 days of unrestricted availability to include early mornings, late nights, weekends and holidays.