Do you have a passion for protecting others? Do you have the take-charge attitude and people skills needed to maintain calm and order in the most challenging circumstances? Then we’ve got your next assignment! We’re looking for dedicated, diligent and driven individuals to provide outstanding, professional security services throughout our park.What you get to do:
As a Security Ambassador at SeaWorld San Diego, you will be assigned to the turnstile area of the park to conduct inspections of bags, backpacks, coolers, and other containers coming into the park. Our ambassadors enthusiastically represent SeaWorld by displaying a positive attitude, high level of energy and commitment to quality throughout all aspects of the job. You will also:
What it takes to succeed:
- Ensure excellent customer service by responding to customer requirements, expectations, and needs
- Be responsible for the safety and protection of guests, visitors, co-workers and their property while on company premises
- Help write reports for minor incidents (e.g., lost strollers and missing items)
- Conduct bag checks, looking for any items that are not allowed into SEA facilities
- Observe main gate areas for suspicious person(s) or activity
- Staff parking lot observation towers
- Staff various park entrances
- Help locate lost children
- Occasionally assists other locations and areas throughout the park as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
What else is important:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- At least 18 years of age
- Able to stand and/or walk for prolonged periods of time
- Able to work in outside weather conditions
- Able to positively interact with park guests, co-workers of all ages, different ethnic/cultural backgrounds and/or languages, and individuals with special needs
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills, and be able to generate written reports, effectively present information and respond to questions from the general public with excellent guest service skills
Hours will vary based on the parks operating schedule and are not guaranteed.
The perks of the position:
- Part Time: Ability to be scheduled up to 30 hours per week
As part of the SeaWorld family, you’ll enjoy a fun, fast-paced environment and great teammates, as well as:
Go from zero to hired in nothing flat!
- FREE park admission
- Discounted park admission tickets and passes for family and friends
- Park discounts on food, merchandise, etc.
Getting a job at SeaWorld is as easy as can be – you won’t even have to leave your home!
1. Start by completing our on-line application
2. Next you will receive a link to Self-schedule a “job placement” phone call – be sure to check your spam email
3. If you meet our criteria, you’ll get a job offer on the spot
4. Select a time to come in for on-boarding paperworkJoin the team!
If you’re looking for the opportunity to make the most of your abilities in a one-of-a-kind setting with an entertainment industry leader, we’re looking for you!
SeaWorld San Diego is committed to the health and safety of our guests and team members. We have worked diligently with state and local health officials, outside consultants and attraction industry leaders to enhance our already strict health, safety and cleanliness standards. These protocols and guidelines will be modified based on evolving industry standards and methodologies, public health and governmental directives, and advancing scientific knowledge on the transmissibility of COVID-19.