At SeaWorld, we’re passionate about caring for animals. In fact, we’ve already rescued over 40,000 animals (and counting!). And we can save you from being stuck in just another job. Join us and help bring joy, excitement, and lasting memories to people from around the world. We’re seeking enthusiastic, dedicated and hard-working individuals in a wide variety of roles. Join us and play an important part on our incredible team!Basic Job Functions
• Monitor, operate, and maintain all controls, instrumentation, and support equipment integral to the animal life support systems and the water treatment facilities.
• Enthusiastically represents SeaWorld by displaying a positive attitude, high level of energy and commitment to quality throughout all aspects of the job.Principle Duties
• Perform inspections and maintenance on a daily basis on instrumentation and support equipment.
• Tests, troubleshoots, repairs and performs preventive maintenance on a variety of low and medium voltage industrial electrical systems, components, motors and machinery; rebuilds equipment to manufacturer's specifications.
• Ensure all safety and environmental polices and procedures are followed.
• Ensure general cleanliness of all facilities throughout the park.
• Install and replace instrumentation support equipment.
• Maintain department tools on a daily basis.
• Work in vaults, and other confined spaces utilizing proper safety techniques and equipment in accordance with applicable regulations and departmental safety policies and procedures.
• Maintain cleanliness of equipment and facilities.
• Document maintenance, repairs, and calibration on instrumentation and support equipment in the corresponding maintenance logs.
• Installs conduits, wires, pull boxes required in making additions, extensions or alterations in electrical systems.
• Installs, maintains, repairs and calibrates a wide variety of electronic recording and indicating instruments.
• Maintaining, operating and trouble shooting ozone units and supporting air compressors.
• Troubleshoots and replaces electrical components of valve actuators as well as rebuilding electrical actuators.
• Schedules, coordinates, supervises, inspects and participates in the work of personnel engaged in cleaning, maintaining and repairing of all life support equipment and surrounding areas.
• Uses chemicals and disposes of hazardous waste in accordance with SEA policy and supervisor's directives.
• Utilizes safe handling, storage and disposal practices of toxic substance and hazardous waste in accordance with SeaWorld and department operating procedures.
• Ensure excellent customer service by responding to customer requirements, expectations, and needs.
• Occasionally assist other locations and areas in the park as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.Required Skills, Knowledge, Education, and Training
• At least 18 years of age.
• Associate's degree (A.A) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school.
• Minimum of two years experience at a Level II, in addition to three years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Valid California driver's license; visiting students and military must have valid driver's license from state
of residency and able to provide a copy of the DMV report.
• Able to read and understand electrical/electronic schematics.
• Able to positively interact with guests and co-workers of all ages, different ethnic/cultural backgrounds and/or language, and individuals with special needs.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to speak effectively before groups of guests and team members.
• Strong written/verbal communication skills
• Handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced work environment.
• Able to regularly lift/move up to 25 lbs and occasionally lift/move up to 50 lbs.
• Regularly required to stand and walk for extended periods of time. Occasionally required to sit, climb, balance;
• Work weekends, holidays, early mornings and late evenings.
As part of the SeaWorld family, you’ll enjoy a fun, fast-paced environment and great teammates, as well as: Perks
- Paid Floating Holidays
- Accrual based Paid Time Off
- SEA Employee Complimentary Park Tickets and Passes
- SEA Park Discounts on Food and Merchandise
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K plan
- Voluntary Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Benefits
- Dependent and Health Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Assistance Plan
SeaWorld California is committed to the health and safety of our guests and team members. We have worked diligently with state and local health officials, outside consultants and attraction industry leaders to enhance our already strict health, safety and cleanliness standards. These protocols and guidelines will be modified based on evolving industry standards and methodologies, public health and governmental directives, and advancing scientific knowledge on the transmissibility of COVID-19.