Did you know?
SeaWorld Parks and Entertainment has rescued more than 36,000 animals over the last five decades!
At our parks, you’re more than an employee. You’re an Ambassador… And what we do is more than a job. Every day, we inspire guests to take action to protect our natural world.
Become a SeaWorld Ambassador and be part of something real and amazing!
Scope of Job
Assist senior leadership with obtaining their financial goals through analyzing operating expenses, revenue and cost of goods for their departments at SWO, DCO and APO parks.
Requirements and Competencies
• Must be at least 18 years old
• Must have a college degree in Finance, Accounting or Business or an equivalent mix of education and related work experience
• Must have strong Microsoft Office application skills, specifically with Excel with the ability to demonstrate proficiency in the use of advanced formulas, pivot tables and manipulation of large amounts of data
• Must have a strong understanding of financial statements
• Demonstrate the ability to budget, forecast and plan for multiple departments and present results to those departments on a routine basis
• Must be able to conducted ad hoc business analysis
• Must understand the concept of revenue management
• Must be able to communicate financials to non-financial individuals
• Must be able to develop relationships within the finance organization and between finance and operations
• Must have excellent analytical, financial, and mathematical skills
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must have intermediate presentation skills
• Must be able to multi-task and prioritize
• Must be available to work varying shifts/hours based on business need
• Must be able to sit for long periods of time
• Master's degree in related field or CPA preferred
• One to three years of related experience preferred
• Theme park, hotel or hospitality experience preferred
• Experience with SAP and/or Business Objects preferred
• Assist non-financial leaders with on-going updates regarding their financial budgets (revenue, COGS, labor and operating expenses) – variance research and journal entry review
• Provide and distribute daily, weekly, monthly and yearly reports
• Perform trend analysis on key metrics and conduct analysis on that data to strategically enhance sales or implement efficiencies
• Provide insight into industry trends affecting assigned areas of responsibility
• Conduct research through in-park visits and share findings to corresponding leadership to help their department remain cost effective
• Provide feedback based on research results regarding product enhancement and innovation to increase current revenue programs and develop new programs
• Analyze multi-department operating expenses, revenue and cost of good budgets and identify cost savings opportunities for consideration
• Create, modify, and maintain revenue events and their corresponding products, as well as pricing, promotions, discounts and inventory for all Orlando parks
• Analyze and query data using SAP Business Objects; analyze data using those systems and Excel
• Establish price points for products through analysis and compile ROI analysis for future products
• Provide financial recaps and post mortems on program, promotions and special events
• Update forecasting on a monthly basis
• Provide key support during the budget process
• Assist with special projects requested from all levels of management