At SeaWorld, we’re passionate about the humane and responsible treatment of marine animals and we’re looking for a special person who shares our dedication to keeping these special creatures healthy and content. If you’re committed to providing exceptional care to our unique collection of animals, we’d love to have you join us! Did you know?
SeaWorld Parks and Entertainment has rescued more than 36,000 animals over the last five decades!
At our parks, you’re more than an employee. You’re an Ambassador… And what we do is more than a job. Every day, we inspire guests to take action to protect our natural world.
Become a SeaWorld Ambassador and be part of something real and amazing! What you get to do:
What it takes to succeed:
- Provide exceptional guest service, participate in educational presentations and answer guest questions
- Prepare daily food rations for marine mammal areas
- Perform daily feeding of the marine mammal collection and administration of daily animal medication and treatments
- Maintain accurate feeding and observational records
- Perform daily observations of animal exhibits and associated off exhibit areas
- Maintain safe and sanitary living conditions for the animal collection, which may include daily SCUBA diving
- Assist in large scale animal transports
- Perform any other duties as requested by the supervisory staff
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least 18 years old
- Valid state driver’s license and ability to obtain a company driver’s license
- SCUBA certified
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to adapt to the constantly changing work environments such as new animal procedures and treatments
What else is important:
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology or a related field preferred
- 6 months of paid animal care experience preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2 years guest service experience preferred
- Able to swim and work in/around water
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Able to lift 50 pounds
- Able to push/pull 100 pounds
- Able to adapt to the constantly changing work environments such as new animal procedures and treatments
- Comfortable with exposure to noise and vibrations
- Able to work in all weather conditions and temperature extremes
- Able to train on and properly use protective gear
- Comfortable working around fumes/dust/odor
- Able to work indoors/outdoors with or without A/C for entire shift
- Available to work varying shifts or hours based on park hours; i.e. be able to work opening and closing shifts
As a 365 day/year operation, candidates are expected to provide flexible availability to support year-round operating needs. This may include, but is not limited to, working opening, mid-day and closing shifts during peak and non-peak seasons, as well as weekends and holidays. The perks of the position:
As part of the SeaWorld family, you’ll enjoy a fun, fast-paced environment and great teammates, as well as:
Join the team!
- FREE park admission
- Discounted park admission tickets and passes for family and friends
- Park discounts on food, merchandise, etc.
If you’re looking for the opportunity to make the most of your abilities in a one-of-a-kind setting with an entertainment industry leader, we’re looking for you!