Operate, maintain, and repair all waterpark attractions. Duties will include but not be limited to attraction inspections, troubleshooting equipment, monitoring and managing water chemistry makeup, and proper documentation of job related activities and occurrences. Basic Requirements:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be at least 18 years of age, have a high school diploma or GED
- Must have experience as a Filtration Mechanic II, equivalent outside work experience, or a combination.
- Have a valid driver’s license and able to obtain a SeaWorld driver’s license
- Must be able to obtain Certified Pool Operator or Aquatic Facility Operator certification within 60 days of employment.
- Show knowledge/understanding of how to conduct water analysis; make adjustments and additions to maintain water balance in accordance with corporate and local regulating authority requirements
- Show knowledge pertaining to the operation, troubleshooting of, maintenance and repairing various types of pumps and related equipment
- Assess scope of work for a job, develop list of materials, parts, and equipment needed, complete jobs without supervision.
- Demonstrate use and care of all specialty tools and basic hand tools. (i.e. pipe, wrench, screw driver, etc.)
- Interpret layout of piping systems, make up and glue all types of PVC pipe and fittings in a professional manner.
- Able to locate information from manuals, plans, and as-built drawings and apply to the real world.
- Able to stand, walk, and work for prolonged periods of time in extreme weather conditions
- Able to frequently lift, push, and pull a minimum of 80 pounds
- Able to work a flexible schedule that includes weekdays, weekends, evenings, nights and holidays
- Consistently practices safe work habits including, but not limited to the use of personal protective equipment, lifting and reporting of unsafe situations
- Must be willing to comply with all SEA grooming guidelines and employment standards.
- Must be able to successfully complete all legal, company and department training requirements to include but not limited to passing required tests and certifications within established timelines
- Perform all tasks related to the operation, maintenance and repair of the water filtration systems equipment with supervision and assistance from qualified personnel
- Perform filter, pump, valve, and piping maintenance and repairs.
- Recognize and differentiate between normal operation and fault conditions, notifying appropriate qualified personnel for action/corrective action.
- Perform proper water chemistry testing, with assistance, understand the results as it pertains to all systems; take appropriate actions as necessary
- Maintain record of activities performed during shift; log activities as required, complete and submit required work order documentation.
- Develop a professional approach to one’s own career and function as a ambassador showing consideration, tolerance, cooperation, reliability and the ability to accept criticism
- Perform and assist with general maintenance of park facilities as required
- Diligently comply with all department and corporate safety guidelines and procedures, promotes and enforces compliance by all employees and contractors.
- Carry out other assignments as prescribed by leadership