Did you know?
SeaWorld Parks and Entertainment has rescued more than 36,000 animals over the last five decades!
At our parks, you’re more than an employee. You’re an Ambassador… And what we do is more than a job. Every day, we inspire guests to take action to protect our natural world.
Become a SeaWorld Ambassador and be part of something real and amazing!
Scope of Job
Safely repair and maintain company owned vehicles and equipment while following all company policies and procedures.
Requirements and Competencies
• Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
• Must have at least 1 year on-site (Industry related) experience or vocational school training in the automotive trade
• Must have ASE certification in brakes
• Must have a valid state driver’s license and able to obtain a company driver’s license and able to pass a DOT physical to obtain a health card
• Must be able to train for and pass SeaWorld forklift and high reach certification
• Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
• Must be able to stand for entire shift
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and push/pull up to 100 pounds alone, push 1000 pounds (vehicles) with assistance
• Must be able to move freely around work areas and walk throughout park and parking lot
• Must be comfortable working at heights
• Must be comfortable working in all weather conditions and temperature extremes
• Must be able to bend, reach, twist and turn with complete flexibility and maneuver in and around tight spaces
• Must have knowledge of basic hand tools
• Must be able to operate machinery and train on and properly use protective gear when operating equipment
• Must be comfortable speaking on a 2-way radio
• Must be comfortable working around water
• Must be comfortable working around fumes/dust/odor and handling chemicals with training (grease, oil, etc.)
• Must be comfortable with exposure to noise and vibrations
• Must be able to work independently with little to no supervision and troubleshoot problems
• Must have basic computer knowledge
• Must be available to work varying shifts/hours based on business need, to include opening, mid-, and closing shifts; nights, weekends and holidays
• A working knowledge and understanding of pneumatic and hydraulic systems, functional experience preferred
• A working knowledge and understanding of automotive electrical and mechanical controls, functional experience preferred.
• Heavy equipment operating skills and knowledge preferred
• Experience in other maintenance related fields preferred (carpentry, plumbing, electrical etc.)
• Inspect, diagnose and repair all company vehicles including but not limited to cars, trucks, vans, busses, trams, golf carts and utility vehicles.
• Inspect, diagnose and repair small engine powered equipment (Mowers, trimmers, pressure washers etc.) and heavy equipment (fork lifts, cranes, high reach etc.)
• Green tag vehicles while upholding to department safety standards and complete all required documentation
• Perform pneumatic and hydraulic systems inspection and repair
• Operate automotive lifts, high reach, fork lift and other machinery with training
• Maintain and operate parking lot sweeper equipment on a daily basis
• Interact with guests by greeting and providing positive guest service
• Assist guests and team members with any minor automotive issues (flat tires, jump starts etc.)
• Interact with vendors in a positive way to receive parts and supplies when leadership is unavailable
• Perform cleaning duties such as sweeping, mopping, and care of tools on a daily basis
• Perform other duties as assigned