In order to be considered for part-time opportunities, candidates must be available to work varying shifts/hours based on business needs. This may include working opening, mid-day, closing shifts, weekends and holidays.
Did you know?
SeaWorld Parks and Entertainment has rescued more than 36,000 animals over the last five decades!
At our parks, you’re more than an employee. You’re an Ambassador… And what we do is more than a job. Every day, we inspire guests to take action to protect our natural world.
Become a SeaWorld Ambassador and be part of something real and amazing!
Requirements and Competencies
• Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
• Must have a working knowledge and understanding of basic electrical controls, pneumatic and hydraulic systems
• Must be able to understand and follow all ride/safety policies
• Must be able to complete and pass all training for each ride
• Must be able to pass all SEA Ride competency tests and obtain certification within 120 days of employment
• Must be able to successfully complete all legal, company, and department training requirements to include but not limited to passing required tests and certifications within established timelines
• Must have strong written and verbal communication skills regarding technical knowledge
• Must be able to work independently with little to no supervision as well as in a team environment
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds and push/pull up to 100 pounds with assistance
• Must be able to stand for an entire shift
• Must be able to operate and maneuver in and around tights spaces
• Must be able to bend, reach, twist, and turn with complete flexibility
• Must meet all ride requirements and be comfortable test-riding all rides
• Must be comfortable working at heights up to 385ft
• Must be able to walk uphill and work on a 35-40 degree slope
• Must be comfortable climbing steps and ladders
• Must be comfortable working around water
• Must be comfortable with exposure to noise and vibrations
• Must be comfortable handling chemicals with training (grease, oil, etc.)
• Must be comfortable working around fumes/dust/odor
• Must be able to work in all weather conditions and temperature extremes
• Must be able to work indoors/outdoors with or without A/C for entire shift
• Must be able to train on and properly use protective gear
• Must be available to work varying shifts/hours based on business need, to include opening, mid-, and closing shifts; nights, weekends, and holidays
• Trade or Technical School (Certificate or diploma), Electrical/Mechanical Engineering Schooling preferred
• Current Florida electrical journeyman license preferred
• PLC/Electrical knowledge and prior mechanical experience preferred
• Experience in other related maintenance fields preferred (auto mechanic, production line mechanic, and aircraft mechanic, etc.
• Complete all green tagging procedures on rides while upholding to department safety standards, including test riding and inspections
• Inspect, diagnose and repair all park rides including water craft, slides, nets, and moving walks.
• Complete all required documentation pertaining to each ride
• Follow all safety policies and procedures, including lock out tag out, personal protective equipment, ride safety requirements and fall protection
• Communicate any ride related questions/concerns to leadership
• Maintain proficiency in all manufacturing manuals related to each individual ride
• Complete tasks in a timely manner following park guidelines
• Maintain department standards performance in terms of attendance, performance, acceptance of assignments, and strict adherence to all safety policies and requirements
• Perform cleaning duties such as sweeping, moping, trash removal and care of tools on a daily basis
• Provide exceptional service to guests and team members
• Perform other duties as assigned