At SeaWorld, we’re passionate about the humane and responsible treatment of marine animals and we’re looking for a special person who shares our dedication to keeping these special creatures healthy and content. If you’re committed to providing exceptional care to our unique collection of animals, we’d love to have you join us!Did you know?
SeaWorld Parks and Entertainment has rescued more than 36,000 animals over the last five decades!
At our parks, you’re more than an employee. You’re an Ambassador… And what we do is more than a job. Every day, we inspire guests to take action to protect our natural world.
Become a SeaWorld Ambassador and be part of something real and amazing! What you get to do:
As an Aquarist you will maintain husbandry of fish and other aquatic life in aquarium exhibits, including preparing food and feeding animals. This role will involve providing proper aquarium maintenance, such as algae removal, display diving, aquarium decorating, preventive maintenance, pump replacement, etc. You will:
What it takes to succeed:
- Basic Food preparation and feeding of animals in specific aquarium area
- Use SCUBA diving and guest service skills to perform SeaVenture underwater tours for guests
- Basic water quality testing
- Perform large exhibit aquarium maintenance diving
- Use animal observation skills to monitor the health of the animal collection
- Perform aquarium husbandry techniques including taxonomy, record keeping, animal treatments, and emergency procedures
- Interact with park guests and educate them about the aquarium animals and animal conservation
- Perform other duties as assigned
The perks of the position:
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in Marine Science or a related field preferred
- Possession of a valid state driver’s license preferred
- Be at least 18 years old
- Able to pass qualifying swim test and annual swim test competency exam
- Able to pass Discovery Cover dive test and dive physical
- Able to complete provided CPR training/certification
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to swim and work in/around water
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Able to lift 75 pounds
- SCUBA certified
- Able to train on and properly use protective gear
- Comfortable working around chemicals
- Able to work indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions and temperature extremes
- Available to work varying shifts/hours based on business need, to include opening, mid-, and closing shifts; nights, weekends, and holidays
As part of the SeaWorld family, you’ll enjoy a fun, fast-paced environment and great teammates, as well as:
Join the team!
- FREE park admission
- Discounted park admission tickets and passes for family and friends
- Park discounts on food, merchandise, etc.
If you’re looking for the opportunity to make the most of your abilities in a one-of-a-kind setting with an entertainment industry leader, we’re looking for you!