Supervisor, Signs & Design
At SeaWorld, we’re passionate about caring for animals. In fact, we’ve already rescued over 40,000 animals (and counting!). Join us and help bring joy, excitement, and lasting memories to people from around the world. We’re seeking enthusiastic, dedicated, and hard-working individuals in a wide variety of roles. Join us and play an important part on our incredible team!What you get to do:
The primary purpose of this position is to assist the Creative Show Operations Manager with coordinating the deployment of park wide signage and visual support; managing signs and design ambassadors and all sign shop related business.
Our Supervisor of Signs & Designs will oversee:
What it takes to succeed:
- Design, fabrication, and deployment and installation of signs and design elements and visual support for all park wide related areas and events.
- Train and supervise signs and design shop ambassadors.
- Manage all signs and design systems, equipment and hardware including S.O.P.s, maintenance, safety, and compliance.
- Manage administrative duties including inventory, budget, schedules, timelines, archives and work orders.
- Oversee services with outside vendors including obtaining quotes and scheduling installs.
- Oversee safety as it pertains to SEA best practices and rigging standards and all other relevant industry guidelines.
- Work as part of a team to increase productivity and while providing excellent guest service.
- Maintain a professional appearance that meets grooming standards
- Establish and maintain a positive atmosphere which ensures the highest level of ambassador performance and guest service.
- Labor management, including but not limited to, establishing, and maintaining line schedules, authorizing position requisitions, hiring, monitoring labor expenses in correlation to revenue, and ensuring accuracy of ambassador’s payroll records.
- Maintain team member performance ensuring appropriate team member training, providing formal and informal feedback on performance, and making recommendations related to progressive discipline.
- Other duties as assigned by leadership.
What else is important:
- College degree or equivalent experience required.
- Knowledge of design programs (including Roland VersaWorks and Sigma Signlab) preferred.
- Two (2) years working in a leadership role in a high-volume setting.
- Knowledge of design principles (graphic design, architecture, industrial design, and landscape architecture), print production and sign production preferred.
- Extremely organized with the ability to manage multiple projects to a tight timeline.
- Must be able to stand, walk, and work for prolonged periods of time in extreme weather conditions.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule to include weekdays, weekends, evenings, and holidays
- Consistently practices safe work habits including, but not limited to the use of personal protective equipment, lifting and reporting of unsafe situations
- Must be willing to comply with and ensure team members comply with all SEA grooming guidelines and employment standards.
- Must be able to successfully complete all legal, company and department training requirements to include but not limited to passing required tests and certifications within established timelines.
• Must be able to lift 20 pounds and push/pull up to 50 pounds
• Must be able to work indoors and outdoors, in varying weather, to include extreme heatThe perks of the position:
As part of the SeaWorld family, you’ll enjoy a fun, fast-paced environment, and great teammates, as well as:
• Paid Floating Holidays
• Accrual based Paid Time Off
• SEA Employee Complimentary Park Tickets and Passes
• SEA Park Discounts on Food and Merchandise
• Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
• 401K plan
• Voluntary Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Disability Benefits
• Dependent and Health Care Flexible Spending Accounts
• Employee Assistance Program
• Legal Assistance PlanJoin the team
If you’re looking for the opportunity to make the most of your abilities in a one-of-a-kind setting with an entertainment industry leader, we’re looking for you!