Entertainment Services is seeking Seasonal
entry level Technicians with an eagerness to learn and grow professionally. Must be available to work from July 31, 2022 – January 27, 2023.
Our team welcomes positive, forward-thinking professionals with respect for the work, their fellow employees, and the animals that make SeaWorld a unique and special place to work. As a team we work together to provide an environment for growth professionally in the theatrical field. Entertainment Services supports the technical needs of SeaWorld Entertainment with the true reward coming from the guests, more specifically the look of amazement as experienced through the eyes of a small child as they experience the wonders of our wildlife.Primary Purpose:
Responsible for daily show operations and ongoing installation, troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of all Entertainment and Park wide technical systems, specific to the above area posted.What It Takes To Succeed:
What Else Is Important:
- Must be 18 years in all safety critical positions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be physically capable of working at heights (catwalks, boom lifts, man lifts, etc.)., lifting 50 lbs or more, and working comfortably around water.
- Must be willing to walk and stand for long periods of time in extreme weather conditions.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule that includes weekdays, weekends, evenings and holidays
- Must be able to multitask while maintaining a positive attitude to ensure excellent guest service.
- Ability to obtain a SWSA driver’s license in order to operate SWSA vehicles.
- Basic knowledge of tools related to the entertainment industry (i.e. screwdrivers, cordless drills, hand saws and wrenches).
- Knowledge of basic theatrical lighting and familiarity with electrics.
- Must have a want to grow as an individual as well as a member of our Entertainment Services team. Making use of available training, resources and opportunities throughout your career to develop and continue to grow professionally.
What You Get To Do:
- Preferred minimum One (1) year of professional experience as an Entertainment Technician or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of basic rigging, electrical practices such power distribution, soldering, wiring connection points on fixtures and use of conventional and LED lighting fixtures.
- Knowledge and experience in operating lighting consoles such as ETC, HOG, GrandMA
- Experience in performing maintenance on moving light fixtures such as Vari-Lite, GLP, Chauvet as well as experience in maintain and operating FX units such as Fog Machines, Snow Machines, & Confetti Canons.
- Working knowledge of light programming from basic patch through macro development preferred.
- Knowledge of advanced tools related to the entertainment industry, i.e. reciprocating saw, soldering iron, drill press and circuit checkers.
- Experience or have equivalent work experience operating and maintaining multiple venues simultaneously throughout a seasonal atmosphere.
- Shows fellow employees respect and in turn is respected among their peers.
Join the team
- Perform entertainment service technical duties and responsibilities at a general level of proficiency with an understanding and demonstration of basic theatrical technical skills.
- Troubleshoot needed maintenance and make minor repairs on lighting system, lighting fixtures or other technical equipment.
- Support Park wide events with install, operation and strike of audio/visual/lighting systems as needed.
- Perform daily venue specific maintenance, operation, start-up and shut-down procedures, to include, operating lighting board and follow spot. Specific needs vary by venue.
- Perform warehouse prep and maintenance and other behind the scene duties for entertainment shows and/or events.
- Perform all duties as directed by leadership for the good of the department and park.
- Communicate with fellow technicians to share necessary schedule changes, show changes, and other details pertaining to daily operational duties.
- Work as part of a team to increase productivity while providing excellent guest service.
- Responsible for guest, personal and animal safety by bringing potentially dangerous situations to the attention of the leadership.
- Maintain park cleanliness, maintenance and safety standards through all assigned tasks.
- Consistently demonstrate courteous and professional behavior in all work aspects with all ambassadors and guests. Demonstrating respect for their fellow employees, performers and animals.
- Develop a professional approach to the career and function as a ambassador showing consideration, tolerance, cooperation, reliability and the ability to accept criticism.
- Practice safety as it pertains to SEA Best Practices and Rigging Standards and all other relevant industry guidelines. Safe work habits including, but not limited to, the use of personal protective equipment, pass a respirator fit test, lifting and reporting of unsafe situations.
- Adhere to all SeaWorld and departmental policies.
- Develops an awareness of guest satisfaction with the SeaWorld product.
If you’re looking for the opportunity to make the most of your abilities in a one-of-a-kind setting with an entertainment industry leader, we’re looking for you!