When you’re at one of our theme parks, the fun never ends! And our General Service Team is a big reason why. If you’re self-motivated and have the knowledge and skill to keep our park looking sharp – get on board!
What you get to do:
As a Plumber, you’ll:
· Repairs, maintains, and operates all plumbing equipment and fixtures, fresh water systems, sewer systems, storm drains, fountains and water features throughout the park. Must be able to assist with collecting materials, parts, and equipment as directed under supervision
· Conduct water analysis; make adjustments and additions to maintain water balance of fountain and water features in accordance with corporate and local authority regulating requirements
· Operate, maintain and repair the potable and non-potable water system and associated equipment
· Assist in maintenance and repair of all kitchen plumbing equipment, restroom equipment and fixtures, convenience fixtures and related building mechanical equipment throughout the park
· Assist with maintenance and repair gas distribution system and associated equipment
· Maintain a record of activities performed during shift; log activities as required, complete and submit required work order documentation
· Assist with general maintenance of park facilities as required
What it takes to succeed:
· Be at least 18 years of age
· Have a high school diploma or equivalent
· Have a valid driver’s license and be able to obtain a SEA driver’s license
· Have at least (1) one year of prior onsite plumbing experience.
· Valid Texas Plumbing Journeyman license preferred
· Be able to demonstrate basic knowledge of the use and care of all plumbing specialty tools and hand tools (i.e. basin wrench, auger machine)
· Be able to locate and apply information from manuals, plans and as-built drawings in practical applications
· Be able to lift, push and pull a minimum of 50 lbs.
· Have basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft programs (Word & Excel).
· Have excellent verbal and written skills in the English Language.
· Have basic math skills.
· Be able to complete tasks assigned within time constraints implied by park guidelines.
· Be able to work independently and have flexibility to work successfully in a team environment when needed.
· Provide excellent service to guests and team members.
· Be able to stand, walk, and work for prolonged periods of time in extreme weather conditions.
· Be willing to work a flexible schedule to include weekdays, weekends, evenings, and holidays
· Consistently practices safe work habits including, but not limited to the use of personal protective equipment, lifting and reporting of unsafe situations
· Be willing to comply with and ensure team members comply with all SEA grooming guidelines and employment standards.
· Be able to successfully complete all legal, company and department training requirements to include but not limited to passing required tests and certifications within established timelines.
· Journeyman License Preferred but not required.
The perks of the position:
As part of the SeaWorld family, you’ll enjoy a fun, fast-paced environment and great teammates, as well as:
· Health Insurance
· Life Insurance
· Employee Assistance Program
· Pet Insurance
· Paid Time Off
· 401K Plan
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Free Admission to Our Parks
· Complimentary Tickets
· Friends and Family Passports
· Exclusive Discounts
Join the team!
If you’re looking for the opportunity to make the most of your abilities in a one-of-a-kind setting with an entertainment industry leader, we’re looking for you!