At SeaWorld, we’re passionate about caring for animals. In fact, we’ve already rescued over 37,000 animals (and counting!). Join us and help bring joy, excitement, and lasting memories to people from around the world. We’re seeking enthusiastic, dedicated and hard-working individuals in a wide variety of roles. Join us and play an important part on our incredible team! Primary Purpose:
Supervise the daily operation of assigned locations within a park zone. This will include but not be limited to financial performance of locations, labor management, guest/ambassador safety, team accountability. Assume responsibility for entire zone operation in Leader’s absence. Assist Leader with implementation of policies, processes, and opportunities that support the growth of the Merchandise Department. What it takes to succeed:
What you get to do:
- Must have a minimum of six (6) months of experience performing leadership tasks related to the technical and financial functions of the job to include such tasks as ambassador training, opening and closing duties, system override, oversight of safety practices, etc.
- Previous theme park experience preferred.
- Prior department/area experience preferred.
- Must be proficient in core high school level curriculum of math and English skills to include being able to write professional business communications. Proficient in speaking, reading, and writing Spanish a plus.
- Must be able to perform job duties/task and meet the minimum qualifications of the positions within the scope of supervision.
- Ability to influence others to accomplish team and/or department objectives.
- Demonstrates initiative, communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills; professional and outgoing presence required.
- Ability to work in high stress conditions and maintain composure in both presence and communication.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule that includes weekdays, weekends, evenings, and holidays.
- Must be able to efficiently maneuver around area or outlet to complete duties to include assisting ambassadors and interacting with guests.
- Position can be scheduled up to 12 hours in an indoor or outdoor environment in all weather conditions.
- Consistently practices safe work habits including, but not limited to the use of personal protective equipment, lifting, and reporting of unsafe situations.
- Must be willing to comply with all SEA grooming guidelines and employment standards.
- Must be able to successfully complete all legal, company, and department training requirements to include, but not limited to, passing required tests and certifications within established timelines.
The perks of the position:
- Responsible for one or more outlets within a division.
- Perform job duties/tasks of positions within scope of supervision as necessary to ensure service expectations are met.
- Establishes and maintains a positive atmosphere which ensures the highest level of ambassador performance and guest service while enforcing and complying with safety procedures and guidelines.
- Responsible for supervising labor allocation including, but not limited to, ensuring compliance with posted schedules, educating ambassadors about time management and SeaPort.
- Responsible for managing ambassador performance ensuring appropriate ambassador training, providing formal and informal feedback on performance, and making recommendations related to progressive discipline.
- Manages inventory and orders from onsite warehouse, when applicable
- Supports other leadership in ensuring opening and closing procedures are execute to department standards in addition to ensuring compliance with regulations that include overrides, voids, bank issuance; making change, etc.
- Responsible for ensuring team is trained and prepared to respond to emergency procedures; accountable for informing senior leadership of any emergency, employee issue, and/or injury/incident.
- Helps to cultivate a positive atmosphere by setting the example of providing proactive service within company safety and employment guidelines and coaching ambassadors on service opportunities and rewarding desired behavior.
- Model and support company culture.
As part of the SeaWorld family, you’ll enjoy a fun, fast-paced environment and great teammates, as well as:
Join the team!
- FREE park admission
- Discounted park admission tickets and passes for family and friends
- Park discounts on food, merchandise, etc.
If you’re looking for the opportunity to make the most of your abilities in a one-of-a-kind setting with an entertainment industry leader, we’re looking for you!